Thursday, May 7, 2015

Days 11 and 12 - 6th and 7th May


For those of you following my blog, I have to tell you that this tour is catching up on me fast. Last night, having arrived from Caesarea after a full day of touring, I had no idea what day of the week it was, nor what date it was! Truth is that we have done so much in the time we have been here that I am suffering information overload. So please bear with me if I seem a little short!

Today we spent most of the day on the Temple Mount and the in the Old City.
I don't want to spend time talking about what the Moslems have done and are doing not only in Jerusalem the city, but also on the Temple Mount.
This is the most holy place for the Jews, yet they may only pray at the Western Wall which is the foundation of Herod the Great's temple built in13BC.
I prayed there this afternoon for my family and friends; the sun beat down, but, surrounded by many Orthodox Jews and folk from all over the world spending focussed time in the Presence of the Lord, I was very aware of the need for peace in our broken and hurting world.



No comments:

Post a Comment